7 days | 6 nights
April 28 – October 13, 2015
Smitten with coastal riding? Then say buongiorno (good morning) to Puglia, your beautiful new seaside paramour, featuring sun-soaked villages, glorious secular olive groves, delicious all-organic food and mile upon mile of soul-stirring biking.
After an intimate dinner at a 12thC castle, an exclusive olive oil tasting (the region produces more wine and olive oil than any other in Italy), a visit to the UNESCO-protected trulli and a glass (or two) of prosecco in the shadow of a famous cathedral, you’ll receive the experience you seek—and then some.
This trip is rated Easygoing to Moderate. Our first four days of biking are on rolling coastal and flat interior roads winding through olive groves. Our last two days are along rolling terrain through vineyards and groves. Daily distances range from 46 to 80 km (29 to 50 mi.).
Pricing from $5,295 (For one person, double occupancy)
• All hotel accommodation
• All breakfasts, four lunches and five dinners, including wine
• Services of B&R guide(s) and support van
• All special events and private tours
• Use of a customized Cannondale bike: a hybrid, a racing bike with drop bars, or a racing bike with flat bars, equipped with handlebar bag and helmet
• Detailed maps, route suggestions and water bottle
• All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
• All baggage transportation
• All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service