10 Days | May – October 2016
Paris - Lyon
Focusing on French cuisine and village life, A Taste of France features a 7-night Rhône River cruise through vineyard country that's home to some of the world’s most exceptional wines. The epicurean delights begin in Paris with a reception and dinner at Fouquet’s, the celebrity hotspot on the Champs Élysées, a chocolate demonstration, and a pastry class designed especially for our guests at École Lenôtre. Ride the high-speed TGV through the French countryside to Lyon to taste your way through Les Halles, Lyon's famed covered food market with its eye-popping vertical garden, and enjoy dinner at L’Abbaye de Collonges, created by the legendary chef Paul Bocuse. Cruise in search of culinary adventures along the Rhône... sipping Beaujolais in Beaujolais... sampling Provençal specialties for lunch at a private ranch in La Camargue... and learning secrets at a cooking demonstration at an award-winning cooking school in Valence. It's the ultimate Rhône River cruise to the soul of French haute cuisine!
Day 1 Paris - Transfer from Airport to hotel. Special Welcome cocktail reception and dinner at le Fouquet’s on the Champs-Elysées
Day 2 Paris - Chocolate demonstration at a private workshop. Participate in a pastry class, located in a pavilion next to the French Presidential Palace.
Day 3 Paris-Lyon - Paris at leisure, the fast train to Lyon, board the riverboat for your Rhône River cruise & a special gourmet feast at the famous Michelin starred L’Abbaye de Collonges, owned by famous Master Chef Paul Bocuse.
Day 4 Lyon - Tasting at the famous Les Halles de Lyon, the celebrated indoor food market. Visit Vieux Lyon, the old Renaissance part of the city. Wine tasting in Beaujolais.
Day 5 Viviers - Medieval treasures in Viviers and wine tasting along the Rhône
Day 6 Arles - Historic Arles, lunch at a private ranch and Provençal pleasures in La Camargue
Day 7 Avignon - A taste of Southern France & visit the Palais des Papaes, and Pont du Gard
Day 8 Roussillon - Colourful discoveries in Roussillon & Châteauneuf-du-Pape
Day 9 Tournon & Valence - Guided walking tour in Tournon; visit markets in Valence for delicacies like truffles and asparagus, chef’s demonstration, wine & cheese tasting at a gourmet cooking school
Day 10 Lyon - Your inspiring culinary Rhône River cruise ends. A transfer is included.
Pricing from $5,590 (Cat. 1) per person, based on double occupancy
• Gratuities to ship staff, drivers, local guides.
• Port charges
• All private shore excursions – $1,995 Value!
• Pastry class designed for guests at École Lenôtre in Paris
• A gourmet dinner by Michelin-starred chef Paul Bocuse at his restaurant l'Abbaye de Collonges in Lyon
• Provençal lunch at a private ranch in La Camargue
• Reception and dinner at Fouquet’s, followed by a city lights tour of Paris at night
• Chocolate tasting and an epicurean walk through Paris
• Private wine tastings in Beaujolais and Châteaneuf-du-Pape
• A walking tour of historic Vieux Lyon and a tasting at Les Halles de Lyon
• Cooking demonstration and a wine and cheese tasting at an award-winning cooking school in Valence
• Unlimited complimentary beverages aboard ship include regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks.
• Airport transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
• 23 meals (9 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 8 dinners); beer and wine with lunch and dinner on the riverboat; service charges, taxes, porterage, and applicable fuel surcharges