various departures from April – October
For those people who are interested in the crafting of handmade products, particularly food, we offer a wonderful ‘Artisan theme’ cruise aboard hotel barge in Ireland. During this cruise guests will also see Ireland at its finest, with rolling green landscapes, castles and an abundance of wildlife along the way, as the hotel barge explores the very soul of Ireland.
The cruise offers you a true insight into the long-established world of specialist artisans where all the hand-made products have a story to tell. The Irish people in this region are convinced that fine locally produced products are fundamental to their quality of life, and we think you will be too.
Sunday, Day 1 Quigley's Marina
Monday, Day 2 Visit the town of Athlone
Tuesday, Day 3 Mystical Clonmacnoise & Shannonbridge
Wednesday, Day 4 Journey through the ancient kingdoms of Connaught & Leinster to County Tipperary
Thursday, Day 5 To Galway City and sail through Lough Derg passing Forrest Park and ancient mountains
Friday, Day 6 The Last of the High Kings…The Twin Towns of Killaloe & Ballina
Saturday, Day 7 Killaloe – transfer to the designated drop off point.
On alternate weeks the cruise will be in the reverse direction. Inquire about charter the whole barge of 10 passengers.
Pricing from $4,250 (For one person, double occupancy). Charter Maximum 10 passengers $40,000
• Highlights of the cruise include a guided tour by the master cheese maker, Ralph Haslam, owner of Mossfield Organic Cheeses, and visits to Kelly’s Moonshine Organic Dairy and the award-winning Meadowsweet Apiaries & Farm Shop which has won many awards for its delicious honey.
• A tour of Portumna Castle’s Kitchen Garden which is full of beautiful herbs and berries used by Chef Olivia on board and a trip to the world famous Clarinbridge Oyster Beds on the shores of Galway Bay.
• Visits to the highly-skilled “Wilde Irish Chocolate Makers” and McGeoughs Craft Butchers & Smokehouse – an award winning Charcuterie producing among other delights, smoked Connemara lamb, complete the fascinating itinerary.
• 6 Nights Accommodations in air-conditioned, en suite cabins.
• Local transfers between Dublin and the hotel barge. a luxury 6 night cruise, all meals, with a large range of throughout the cruise, excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary, access and bicycles on request.
• All gourmet meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
• All alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, and selected regional wines.
• A champagne welcome and an open bar 24/7
• The services of 5 crew and use of barge facilities, which include wireless internet
• All excursions and admittance fees, and use of bicycles as per the itinarary.
• Local transfers to and from the designated meeting point.