6 Days | 5 Nights
May 17 – September 27, 2015
In this, the ultimate food-and-wine journey, we move from Left Bank to Right (facing downstream) on into the Dordogne Valley.
We begin in Bordeaux, where the riding is as smooth as a Château Mouton Rothschild (you’ll understand soon enough). Then, it’s eastward to the Dordogne Valley, land of medieval castles, Cro-Magnon cave paintings and exquisite cuisine.
Prep your senses for succulent feasts, almost daily wine tastings and some of France’s best biking.
This trip is rated Moderate. Our average bike ride is 53 km (33 mi.), with the option one day to do a 105 km (65 mi.) Century Ride. Our first three days let you warm up your legs, as the topography is flat or very gently rolling. Later in the trip, the Dordogne’s terrain means that each day involves a few challenging hills—but the climbs and descents are either short or gradual. Most roads are very quiet, with a few busier sections in towns.
Vineyard and coastal scenery dominate in Bordeaux, in contrast to forest, castles and farmland in the Dordogne Valley.
Pricing from $5,995 (For one person, double occupancy)
• All breakfasts, three lunches and all dinners, including wine
• Use of a customized Cannondale bike: a hybrid, a racing bike with drop bars, or a racing bike with flat bars, equipped with handlebar bag and helmet
• Services of B&R guide(s) and support van
• All special events, private tours, guest experts and entrance fees
• All transportation from rendezvous to drop-off
• All baggage transportation
• Detailed maps, route suggestions and water bottle
• All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service